JOWO - 2017
Episode III: The Tyrolean Autumn
The Joint Ontology Workshops take place at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy.
This third edition of the Joint Ontology Workshops (JOWO-17) so far includes the following nine workshops. Detailed descriptions and links can be found on the dedicated workshop page.
- CREOL: Contextual Representation of Objects and Events in Language
- DAO: Data meets Applied Ontology
- DEW: Ontology Evaluation & Debugging
- EPINON: Epistemology in Ontologies
- FOMI: Formal Ontology Meets Industry
- FOUST III: The Foundational Stance
- ISD 2017: The 3rd Image Schema Day
- ODLS: Ontologies and Data in Life Sciences
- SHAPES 4.0: The Shape of Things
- WINKS: Workshop on Interaction-Based Knowledge Sharing
In addition to workshops, JOWO will be hosting joint panel sessions and keynotes, as well as meetings of IAOA Special Interest Groups and Technical Committees.
- Submissions Deadlines: Mid July (Check individual workshops for details)
- Submission Page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=jowo2017
- Notifications: September 1
- Workshops: September 21-23
- May 24 First Keynote announced: Todd Oakley will speak on "What We Think About When We Talk About Money: Social Ontology and the Amalgamated Mind"
- May 15 First CFPs are being sent out
- May 2 Workshop program is announced
- April 8 Website is updated for JOWO 2017
- April 6 Call for workshop proposals are out!
JOWO 2017 Chairs
Stefano Borgo (Laboratory of Applied Ontology (LOA), Trento, Italy)
Oliver Kutz (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy)
Frank Loebe (University of Leipzig, Germany)
Fabian Neuhaus (Otto-von-Guericke-University of Magdeburg, Germany)
Local ChairOliver Kutz (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy)